Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sunset Through the Trees




I'm taking a professional development class at another community college in our district on Thursdays, and when I came out of class tonight, I had the makings of some great sunset photos. I spent probably 30 minutes taking various photos in different directions. It really intrigues me living at the edge of a time zone. As the sun is setting it tends to be a lot darker to the East than to the West (more so than it ever was in California where I've spent most of my life).

I had a really hard time deciding what photo to use today. In fact, as I type this, I'm still thinking about changing my mind. Since this is actually a catch up post where I'm posting after the actual day I took the photo, I can say that I had 3 days in a row where I'm in the same situation! It's fitting given my comments above that I was struggling with one shot towards the west and one towards the east. This is the one towards the west.

Of course this means that I'll be posting the rest of the photos over at my other blog yet again. Feel free to check them out at http://lilikoi44.blogspot.com

The one from today that I shot towards the east contains a cameo by the moon and will be over at my other blog as soon as I finish catching up here :-)

1 comment: