Sunday, February 22, 2009

Scottish Highland Athletic Games World Champion!




I had (am still having really) a hard time choosing today's photo. I spent a large part of my day watching Summer successfully defend her Scottish Highland Athletic Games Woman's World Champion title. I really wanted to get some great shots of her competing, but to do that I really, really need a much better zoom lens (my family is getting sick of me saying that because I complain about it all the time for many reasons). I have a 70-300mm telephoto lens for my film camera, but it's not a Canon and is therefore not compatible with my digital camera :-( And did I mention I kinda stink at people photography?

Anyway, I also got some interesting cloud shots, and I drove by this restaurant (which happens to be Scottish!) that I've been wanting to take a photo of for a while. Those who know me well know that me and lots of choices tends to mean long delays while I ponder my options :-)

In the end, I had to go with one of Summer with the caber (even though it is a distant shot). She turned it all 3 times! And the one time I decided to take a picture, she turned that sucker so fast it was over before I was ready for it to be over. I'll post the whole sequence of her throwing at my "other" blog (http://lilikoi44.blogspot.com) if you're interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment