Sunday, March 22, 2009

On The Road Again...




Today I spent most of the day driving back to Arizona (or packing/unpacking as a result of the trip). It was raining as I left San Diego and very windy even after the rain stopped (causing crazy dust storms), so most of the drive wasn't very conducive to stopping for photos.

It did get me thinking that I'd really like someone to come up with a camera that is built in to regular passenger cars somewhere around the front windshield area. There were a few shots I'd love to have gotten along the highway where it wasn't safe to stop. Since I couldn't stop for those, I got this shot when I made a pit stop in Gila Bend.

I've driven through Gila Bend and by this store a lot, but this mural never caught my eye before. I'm not sure if it's because I'm usually going through Gila Bend this direction closer to dark, the way the light was hitting it this time, or just me being more observant since I'm doing Project 365. Either way, I'm glad I stopped here (after my pit stop at Burger King)!

No comments:

Post a Comment