Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Describe Me!




In one of my classes today, we played a game to get them to understand the importance of describing things accurately and in great detail. The students paired up and choose one of two roles: one got to describe and the other got to draw. The person describing chose one of these objects from a bag and then had to describe to his or her partner how draw it (without naming it or describing what it is). The other person had to draw the object based only on what his or her partner said (i.e. without seeing it or knowing what it was). It was quite entertaining and it got the point across!

I am always looking for ideas of how to get the importance of details across to my students, and this was the first time I tried this game. I played it myself at a holiday party and it was a blast. I plan to try it again this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment