Friday, May 22, 2009

Rocking Horse




I went out to some local thrift stores looking for books today. On my way to the checkout counter, I got distracted when I saw this rocking horse. Of course when I first saw it, there was a little boy riding it. I had to act fast to get a shot between riders. Whoever decided where to put it was smart; it was right at the entrance for maximum kid exposure.

What's so special about a rocking horse? It totally brought back memories of childhood for me. I loved horses growing up. I had Misty the pony at my 6th birthday. I got in trouble in kindergarten for going to visit a horse across from my bus stop instead of going right home (which I totally don't remember). And best of all, I had a rocking horse that I rode all the time. I mean all the time. It was an older version of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment